Monday, December 28, 2009

2010

Well as 2009 comes to a close, I first wanted to thank each and everyone of you who ordered a commission from by way of my Blog, My DevaintArt page or at a convention this year. I cant express how much you've help me out this when to be frank, Ive need out of work and really needed the income. Again Thank you. I also wanted to thank Skottie Young for introducing my work to new people this year.

This also brings up a thought that has been running through my head for the last year or and thats the descion of going from pro back to amature. Even before the recession/depression hit, I could barley make ends and with the fact that Im legally blind (according to my Doctors) finding a job in the entertainment development area proved to be a difficult task as well.

Thank god for MCG and his taste in comics.

2010 marks the 6th year Ive been working in the field and I feel I've plateaued in the positions Im currently in right now and can't seem to progress any further unless I make a change. That said Ive also come to the conclusion this year that, well... working on my own material is what get me going now a days and by that I mean by going solo. There are two lesson my mama taught me when I was growing up: 1. Never trust women.(yes, SHE said this to me...MANY TIMES) and 2. The only person you can rely on is yourself. So with 2010, Im taking the second lesson to heart when it comes to my craft and 2010 will most likely mark my last year as a "professorial". I'm signed to finished Polly and the Pirates 2 and another Oni Press Ogn this year and those two will mark the last two "physical" books I plan on doing for some time. As I want to focus all of my efforts on my solo work like Frankie, get your gun, the online OGNovella I've have been previewing on this site.

Hey, I'm almost thirty and i see there's no place for me in the industry the why It stands right now. In two to three years that prospective could change once the publishing industry become scorch earth, the collectors are gone and playing field is leveled again.

Till then, I'll be working on my own dumb ideas before I work on the dumb idea of others.








IPHONE WallPaper




WALLPAPER

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!